SAY “CHEESE”… A HOW-TO GUIDE TO YOUR BEST FAMILY PHOTO
As a family of six, choosing outfits for the family photo can be just as challenging as getting all my kids to look at the camera at the same time. Yeah, you know the struggle. So, I put together a few tips to help you look great and feel better about the one thing you can control… your clothes.
- Plan ahead – Once you have the date scheduled, think about what you might want to wear. Because there is nothing worse than waiting till the day before or of the shoot and realizing you can’t find something, your kid outgrew a shirt or worse… it’s in the dirty laundry with jelly on it.
- Think Classic and Simple – These pictures will be hanging on your walls for years to come, so choose clothing that is timeless.
- Coordinate colors, don’t match – Choose two colors and keep all outfits in the same color family.
- Limit patterns – It’s ok to have one or two with a pattern. But be sure to keep it at that as all patterns can be distracting..
- Think about your home décor – These photos will be hanging in your house so be sure that they will compliment your color scheme.
- Don’t be afraid to accessorize – Hats, scarves, necklaces, belts, ties will give your photo a little pop of life. But choose only one or two people to have an accessory.
- Bless and release – Accept the fact that there’s no doubt one of your kids will have something on their shirt, his/her hair will be a mess or maybe one will have a complete meltdown come time to take the pictures. You can’t change it. So, I urge you to accept it and laugh. Don’t stress or get mad. I promise you, you will look back on the photo and say to yourself, “that’s my baby”.
Ok… Say, “CHEESE”!